Wednesday, October 12, 2011
John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln
· Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
· Lincoln was elected President in 1860. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
· Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy.
· Both Presidents wives lost children while living in The White House.
· Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
· Both Presidents were shot in the back of the head while with their wives.
· Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theater. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln which was made by Ford.
· Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy’s assassin shot him from a warehouse window and ran and hid in a theater.
· Both were succeeded in their Presidency by Southerners named Johnson.
· Andrew Johnson succeeded Lincoln and was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson succeeded Kennedy and was born in 1908.
· Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, and Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, were both assassinated before their murder trials.